CMRL SPONSORED PG DIPLOMA COURSE IN “METRO RAIL TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT” AT IIT MADRAS
Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL), a Joint Venture of Govt. of India and Govt. of Tamil Nadu has been entrusted with the implementation of the Chennai Metro Rail Project. Applications are invited from dynamic and result oriented Engineers in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical for CMRL sponsored PG Diploma Course in “Metro Rail Technology and Management”. The total number of seats is 25.
1. Discipline codes and distribution of seats:
Code:- 01 02 03 04
Discipline:- Civil Electrical Electronics Mechanical
No. of Post:- 5 10 8 2 25
2. Age: Not more than 28 years as on 27-05-2018 (relaxed by 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST).
3. Educational Qualification: First-class graduates with minimum aggregate average of 70% marks (relaxed by 5% for SC/ST candidates) in Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication Engineering from a recognized University/Institute are eligible to apply. The candidates should have a valid GATE score at the time of applying. Final year students who will secure the eligible degree before the commencement of the course can also apply.
4. Selection Process: The candidates short listed based on the GATE score and qualifying examination will be called for a test/interview which will be conducted at IIT Madras in coordination with CMRL. Final selection will be subject to medical fitness.
5. Stipend: For the one year course, CMRL will pay a stipend of Rs. 20,000/- per month to candidates and also the necessary sponsorship and tuition fees to IIT Madras. On successful completion of the course, the trainees will be posted as Assistant Manager on contract for a period of 5 years in Chennai Metro Rail Ltd with a consolidated pay of Rs.40,000/- p.m. The contract will be renewed only if requirement exits on mutually agreed terms subject to the performance of the candidate. Candidates who excel during the course and secure a CGPA of 8.5 or more, will be granted two advance increments upon joining, while others will be granted only one advance increment at the time of posting. Candidates who fail to complete the course will not be posted in the Chennai Metro Rail Limited and they
will have to pay a bond amount of Rs.6 Lakh to Chennai Metro Rail Limited towards training cost. ThoseTrainees who successfully complete the course but do not join Chennai Metro Rail Limited within ten days of completion of the course, their candidature will lapse and they will also have to pay a bond amount of Rs.6 Lakh to Chennai Metro Rail Limited.
6. Bond & Notice Period time: Before joining the course, the selected candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.6 Lakhs to serve Chennai Metro Rail Limited for a period of six years including the PG Diploma course period of one year. They will also have to give a notice of three months (working) if they want to leave Chennai Metro Rail Limited at any point of time.
7. Payment of fees via the ONLINE MODE (non-refundable):
a. Application Fee: Rs.500 (For General and Others) and Rs.100 (For SC/ST)
b. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions mentioned below.
c. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.
d. For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
8. How to apply:
a. Candidates are required to apply only through the CMRL website: http://chennaimetrorail.org. No other
Means/Mode of application will be accepted.
b. Before the final submission of the Online Application, the candidates should have scanned their recent
(a) Photograph & (b) Signature in CD/DVD/Pen drive as per their convenience. These documents will be required for uploading before final submission of Online Application.
c. A valid E-mail and Mobile Number is mandatory for the submission of Online Application. This E-Mail and Mobile number should be kept active till the declaration of results. CMRL will send important information with regard to application and examination on this registered E-Mail/Mobile number.
d. After the final submission of the online application, candidate will not be able to edit/delete any fields of the Online Application. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained at later stage.
e. On successful submission of the details, candidates will be able to view the complete application submitted by them including their Photo/Signature along with the message of successful submission. Please take a print out of this application form which will have Unique application number printed on it. On successful submission of online application form, the applicant will receive Application Number and Password through an automated E-Mail on your registered e-mail address and/or SMS on your registered Mobile Number. On the Main page “CMRL – Online Application”, using this Application Number and Password, you can View/Print your submitted application form. No changes can be made to the application form post submission of application form.
f. If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then candidates are advised to login again with their provisional application number and password and pay the Application Fees online.
g. Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the On-Line Application format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his/her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
h. After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press Back or Refresh button in order to avoid double charge.
i. After completing the procedure of applying on-line including payment of fees, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate. Candidates are required to retain the Application Number and Password for future reference.
9. General Instructions
a. All vacancies are provisional and indicative only, the same is subject to increase / decrease.
b. All recruitment related information shall be published only in CMRL website http://chennaimetrorail.org
and candidates should regularly browse the CMRL website for any updates regarding recruitment notification.
c. Age and Qualification stipulated above should be as on 27-05-2018. The candidates are advised to ensure while applying that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and other requirements mentioned and that the particulars furnished by them are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment process that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria and / or does not comply with other requirements of this advertisement and / or he / she has furnished any incorrect or false information or has suppressed any material fact, his / her candidature is liable to be rejected. If any of the above short coming(s) is / are detected even after appointment of his / her services will be terminated without any notice.
d. Merely meeting the above qualifications shall not entitle a candidate to be called for selection process. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. CMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates.
e. Candidates are informed that selection is strictly as per CMRL selection process. Candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily and be declared disqualified for future CMRL recruitments.
f. Reservation of posts will be as per the policy of Government of India.
g. Candidates employed in Govt. Dept./ PSU/ Autonomous Body must produce a proper relieving order from the present employer at the time of joining.
h. CMRL reserves the right to reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage in the process of 4 recruitment if any irregularity/discrepancy is noticed in the application.
i. Only the specialization stipulated in the notification will be considered. No specialization other than the stated will be considered.
j. Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Chennai.
k. CMRL reserves the right to fix the minimum standard/qualifying marks for each component of selection for the post.
l. Candidates must remain in constant touch with CMRL’s website http://chennaimetrorail.org for information regarding recruitment process.
m. Mere issue of admission to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by Chennai Metro Rail Limited. Chennai Metro Rail Limited will take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents at the time of test/interviews.
n. No TA/DA for attending the test/interview.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION WILL START
(http://chennaimetrorail.org), careers Link From 27-05-2018
LAST DATE FOR REGISTRATION OF ON-LINE
APPLICATIONS 16-06-2018 at 23.59 hrs
Telephonic queries will be attended on working days between 10.00 am to 6.00 pm (Phone No.044-2379
Email queries may be addressed to [email protected] General Manager (HR).
More details here:-https://www.freshersworld.com